UNDP-INDIA request to submit your proposal for “Research in geospatial data analytics and OpenAI for DiCRA Digital Public Good for climate resilience”.
The Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India, along with UNDP is implementing a GEF funded project: SECURE Himalaya (Securing livelihoods, conservation, sustainable use, and restoration of high range Himalayan ecosystems) in UT of Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Sikkim.
The project aims to support the Government of India and State Governments to effectively promote sustainable land and forest management in alpine pastures and forests in high range Indian Himalayan ecosystems that secure sustainable livelihoods and ensures conservation of globally significant biodiversity and threatened species. Improved and diversified livelihood strategies and improved capacities of community and government institutions for sustainable natural resource management is a major expected outcome of the project.
Duration: 12 Months
The project is being implemented over a period of six years in the high altitude trans-Himalayan region and has the following major outcomes:
- Improved management of high range Himalayan landscapes for conservation of Snow Leopard and other endangered species and their habitats and sustaining ecosystem services;
- Improved and diversified livelihood strategies and improved capacities of community and government institutions for sustainable natural resource management and conservation;
- Enhanced enforcement, monitoring and cooperation to reduce wildlife crime and related threats;
- Effective knowledge management and information systems established for promotion of sustainable management practices in the High range Himalayan ecosystems.
- The agency should be a registered organization/firm/company with minimum 5 years of experience in promoting natural resource-based livelihood promotion among mountain communities.
- Agency should have at least 02 years of experience in the handloom and handicraft sector, preferably in Himalayan Region.
- Agency should have completed at least one prior assignments on Handloom/Handicraft sector in the Himalayan region.
- If no proposal meets the criteria, UNDP reserves the right not to reward the tender to any of the applicants. The convincing business case is a necessary condition.
- If bidders do not meet any of the above listed criteria, their proposals will not be considered for further evaluation.
- Bidders meeting above listed criteria are required to submit evidence (details / documents) in support – otherwise proposal may be disqualified.
- Technical Proposal (70%)
- Expertise and experience of the Firm in handling similar kind of assignment [20%]
- Methodology, Its Approach & Appropriateness to the Condition and Timeliness of the Implementation Plan [20%]
- Qualification and experience of proposed Key Personnel [30%]
- Team leader:
- Graduate in biological/ social sciences with a minimum of 10 years of experience in community mobilization for natural resourcebased livelihood enhancement and /or conservation
- Project coordinator: Graduate in biological or social sciences with a minimum of 5 years of experience in community mobilization for livelihood/ conservation activities
- Community mobilizer: XIIth passed with a minimum of 2 years of experience in community interaction and mobilization
- Financial Proposal (30%):
- To be computed as a ratio of the Proposal’s offer to the lowest price among the proposals received by UNDP.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_negotiation.cfm?nego_id=1270